Flying Circus - Volume 1 V4.001 07 Nov 19 has been completed and released from early access.
1C/777 Studios states FC Volume 1 is complete as stated in the project parameters. This official version contains 73 changes, updates and bug-fixes.
Many new features are available, such as:
1. landscape technology
2. lighting and clouds
3. improved sound
4. AI with improved ballistics
5. graphic effects
6. materials for aircraft surfaces
7. detailing of textures and models
These and many others give the virtual pilots of the Great War an experience that is not available from any other WWI flying simulator product. Plus, FC has been designed to take full advantage of virtual reality devices. Main features
5. Canon de 75 mle 1897 gun added.
6. 7.7 cm FK 96 n.A. added.
7. QF 4.5-inch howitzer added.
8. 15 cm sFH 13 howitzer added.
9. QF 13 pounder 6 cwt AAA gun added.
10. 7.7 cm FlaK L/27 AAA gun added.
11. Hotchkiss Mle 14 regular and AA machine-guns added.
12. Spandau MG 08 regular and AA machine-guns added.
13. Great War searchlights added.
14. Thornycroft J-type self-propelled AA gun added.
15. Daimler M1914 armored self-propelled AA gun added.
16. Benz LKW 1912 truck added.
17. Leyland 3 Ton RAF truck added.
18. Crossley T5 command vehicle added.
19. Mercedes Kettenwagen 22 command vehicle added.
20. No-mans land visually improved on Arras map.
21. Amiens cathedral added on Arras map.
22. Balloons added on Arras map in quick mission builder (QMB)
23. Observation balloons with observers may leap from their post when under attack on the Arras map.
32. New Extreme quality cloud setting added that makes the clouds sharper and less 'shifting'.General improvements
34. The color of aiming helpers for the guns, bombs and rockets has been changed.
36. The Arras map has cobblestone roads.
38. Mission designers can define the default GUI map view more accurately by using Normal type lines.
39. Mission designers can use custom (unofficial) skins in the campaigns.
41. The visual image of rotating propellers in VR has been improved.Aircraft improvements
47. Pitch response curve for non-FFB joysticks has been corrected, making planes easier to fly level. (SPAD 13 and Dr.1 were adversely affected due to this change and will be fixed in a later Hotfix)
48. More aircraft controls are blocked when the pilot is unconscious.
49. After rearming in a service area the guns are ready to fire immediately without pressing the reload key.
50. You cannot see your own previous plane when starting again in multiplayer.
51. Wrong techno-chat messages about rudder and elevator surfaces were corrected. (e.g. reporting a right-side part hit instead of a left-side one)
61. When starting a QMB mission close to an AI aircraft, the AI will act more aggressively.
64. When a player exits a gunner seat the gun or MG is left in the last aiming position.Ground vehicle improvements
70. Simple AI ground vehicles with damaged wheels, a damaged engine or killed crew no longer become an unmovable obstacle.
71. A destroyed AI object no longer causes excessive damage to other objects ramming it.
73. Simple ground vehicles have realistic gun aiming speeds.Scenario Campaign
Currently, there are no campaign, scripted campaign, mission, or career modes in V4.001 of FC.
Only Quick Mission and multiplayer modes are available.
The listed changes, updates and bug-fixes are specific to Flying Circus. For the complete list effecting the IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles series products please see 777 Studios/1C Game Studios website HERE