This update has 100 changes/updates/bug-fixes and includes the long awaited Arras region map for Flying Circus.
Please note that this update is the last milestone before the release of the completed projects: Bodenplatte and Flying Circus Vol.1.
Those changes/updates/bug-fixes specific to Flying Circus are shown below: For the complete list effecting IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battle Series products please see 777 Studios/1C Game Studios website.HERE
New aircraft and other objects
5. The new map Arras Spring 1918 is available to all Flying Circus Vol.1 owners in QMB mode.
21. Many new unique buildings for Arras and Rheinland have been added.
22. New countries that participated in WWI and WWII have been added to the mission logic.
23. Aircraft and ships are visible much farther than before - theoretically they can be spotted as far away as 100 km - if there are fires, contrails or ships wake.
24. New "Distant buildings" option added.
25. Object markers can be blocked by landscape and objects, including own aircraft or vehicle.
26. Static objects rendering has been optimized to increase performance.
27. Sun glare from distant aircraft is visible better.
28. Fire can be visible inside the cockpit on single and triple engine planes.
29. It is possible to display a customizeable photo in all aircraft cockpits and tank cabins.
30. Collimator sight reticle has been improved for all planes.
32. Realistic pilot physiology model is now active which takes into account the duration and rate at which the G-load was applied.
33. After prolonged exposure to high-G load the load factor tolerance of the crew decreases and they require some time of steady flight to rest and recover.
34. Oxygen deficiency affects the human tolerance to high G-load more accurately.
35. Visual and audible high-G effects made more realistic.
36. The sound of the player’s breathing during a significant positive G-load has been improved.
39. High-G loads, powerful impacts and pain shock can render the crew unconscious resulting in a loss of control.
40. New “Simple physiology” option added to the “Difficulty Settings” disables reductions in G-factor tolerance, loss of consciousness &/or motion sickness.
42. The player cannot develop painful shock anymore if the “Invulnerability Difficulty” option is checked ‘On’.
45. The movements of the visible model of the flight stick and pedals in the cockpit are no longer filtered so, there is less delay between the movement of the real flight stick and pedals and the virtual ones. However, the flight stick movement speed is still limited at high flight speeds or, if the pilot is wounded.
46. It is now possible to assign a trim axis, if it was controlled by an axis on a real aircraft (control wheel or lever). The speed of the trim axis is still limited and depends on the aircraft, similar to the adjustable stabilizer. If you use joystick or keyboard buttons for controlling such trimmers, please, assign these keys not only to electric trimmers but, also, to this trim axis.
48. The adjustable stabilizer axis is no longer inverted (its direction is changed according to the DirectX standard).
50. It is possible to repair an aircraft when it is near an object with the service parameter set to ‘On’ in the mission file. Repairs start automatically when the engine’s shutdown procedure is completed.
51. It is possible to refuel an aircraft when it is near an object with the service parameter set to ‘On’ in the mission file. The refueling process can be started and stopped using the new commands and only possible if the engines are shut down.
52. It is possible to re-arm an aircraft when it is near an object with the service parameter set to ‘On’ in the mission file. The re-arming process can be started and stopped using the new command and only possible if the engines are shut down.
65. AI aims at distant steadily flying targets better.
66. AI distributes enemy targets among themselves better.
67. If an AI has a speed advantage over a target that it is attacking, it tries to keep this advantage.
68. Combat turns, spirals and banking maneuvers in a dogfight are performed more aggressively.
69. AI won't switch maneuvers too frequently subsequently, distorting its planned tactics.
70. Criteria for choosing maneuvers in a dogfight have been updated.
71. AI stays in formation better.
95. The newer FMOD API - sound subsystem should experience less sound loss over long play periods.
97. Coalition sorting functionality has been added to QMB mode.
98. An automatic chat message in the multiplayer reports if there is no UDP traffic coming from one of the players.
99. A workaround has been added for VR HMDs without adjusting IPD hardware. (Lshift + NumPad ADD and Lshift + Numpad ENTER) directly moves the images on the VR screen further or closer.